As a Community Engagement Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Assist and support in the development and implementation of community engagement strategies and plans that ensure the patient/client is at the centre of health care delivery.
- Work alongside the Leader of Community Engagement on integrating community engagement practices throughout Vancouver Coastal Health as well as support the development of new on-line engagement opportunities.
- Support the Community Engagement Leader in ensuring patients/clients are involved in decisions that affect their health and advance their health care needs by working with Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH) diverse patient groups, families, communities, stakeholders and partners.
- Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating broad engagement strategies across the organization and integrate patient, client, family, and stakeholder needs into the planning and decision-making process.
- Lead two important areas which are patient/client engagement and our Community Engagement Advisory Committee (CEAN). Supporting VCH’s broad and diverse communities of care, you will ensure that patient/client engagement is at the centre of our work so that patient/stakeholder input improves the decisions we make, the quality of care patients/clients receive and, ultimately, health outcomes.
- Be responsible for working closely with VCH’s CEAN group who are a network of individuals who volunteer their time, knowledge and experience to add the patient and family voice to planning and decision making at Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Keep current with trends and best practices in community engagement and communications, particularly within a complex organizational context, you are prepared to advise on a wide range of tools and tactics to extend people-centred care beyond the individual client and family and into the community at large.
Learn more and apply