Closing Date: Oct 16, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
The Ministry of Environment takes a team-based approach to protecting Saskatchewan’s environment for the wellbeing of the province, its people and its future. We use science-based solutions and environmental laws to help safeguard communities, and to protect our air, land, water and habitat. We are committed to high citizen and client satisfaction through workplace excellence, continuous improvement and innovation.
The Ministry of Environment's Climate Change Branch is seeking a proactive, knowledgeable, and analytical individual with experience in policy analysis, communications and stakeholder engagement for the role of Stakeholder Relations Lead.
Reporting to the Director Climate Change Policy and Programs, this position is responsible for:
- Leading and coordinating the Climate Change Branch’s engagement with external and internal stakeholders; this work will include organizing and delivering seminars and webinars, arranging bilateral meetings, administering surveys, and producing ‘What We Heard’ reports;
- Conducting research and analysis, and producing briefing materials on various climate change policy and program issues;
- Communicating complex policy and regulatory concepts in simple language to various audiences;
- Providing policy and strategic recommendations to senior management and Cabinet;
- Responding to requests for information from the public, stakeholders and within government;
- Helping develop communications positioning and strategic considerations within the policy development process;
- Identifying and analyzing potential emerging issues that could affect the province’s climate change strategy; and
- Supporting the Ministry on federal and provincial climate change related committees.
Learn more and apply