The Inuvialuit Regional Corporation invites applications for the position of ICEDO - Economic Projects Manager in Inuvik. Reporting to the Director of Innovation, Science and Climate Change, the Economic Projects Manager is responsible for enhancing community entrepreneurial capacity, community business development and specific community projects in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR). The ICEDO Economic Projects Manager provides advice on, applies for, and liaises with the proponents of government programs aimed at advancing business development opportunities.
- Responsible for working with the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor) on core funding and other programs.
- Responsible for attending key meetings with government stakeholders, as agreed with the Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) and representing Inuvialuit interests.
- Facilitate and review business plans for community ventures and programs, assist in the search and acquisition of funds to advance community ventures.
- Provide information to the Inuvialuit about government programs that can assist them in building the capacity to pursue and develop community based economic development opportunities.
- Provide assistance in all aspects of Inuvialuit economic development including ICEDO office management, proposal writing, budget planning and administration.
- Management ICEDO programs such as enhancing traditional economies, development of entrepreneurial training programs, small business support, leveraging tourism readiness and collaborating on food security initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economic development.
- At least 5 years Project Management experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Experience in business development specifically related to small business.
- Direct supervisory experience will be an asset.
- Experience in a cross-cultural work environment.
- Business planning and forecasting
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement, the Inuvialuit Settlement Region.
- Basic computer skills using word processing, accounting, spreadsheets and database packages.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline to apply is June 30, 2020. Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 888-872-4172