Closing date: Monday, April 5th, 2021
DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Strategies and Partnerships Branch
STATUS: Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 9 months
Reporting to the Program Manager, Department Communications, this role is responsible for developing, planning, implementing, and reviewing Department policies, procedures and guidelines for public and stakeholder outreach, engagement and consultation plans, projects and programs; supports, researches, recommends and/or establishes education, awareness, outreach and engagement for the Department; supports the development of strategies, plans, programs and opportunities; assists in the development of Department strategic outreach, engagement and consultation across the organization and with external stakeholders.
· In consultation with management, leads the implementation and development of policies, procedures and guidelines for public stakeholder, outreach engagement and consultation strategies.
· Leads the development of an evaluation framework for monitoring public/stakeholder outreach, engagement and consultation outcomes.
· In consultation with management and staff, determines public/stakeholder outreach, engagement and consultation needs.
· Conducts research on best practices, as directed, to support public/stakeholder outreach, engagement and consultation trends.
· Reviews and edits communication products/materials/documents for public distribution.
· Researches various legislations, policies and programs for background material, as required.
· Identifies best practices and key performance indicators for Department outreach, engagement and consultation programs, services and practices.
· Develops, implements and monitors a process framework to track outreach, engagement and consultation effectiveness and efficiencies.
· Represents the Department with both internal and external stakeholders’ networks and is responsible for ensuring representation aligns with Departmental strategic priorities.
Successful completion of a University Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Public Policy or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ demonstrated project management or public policy experience and community engagement experience.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering a variety of popular and non-traditional, culturally appropriate outreach materials to support community capacity building.
- Knowledge of community engagement principles and strategies and an understanding of the issues, services and programs that exist for vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
- Demonstrated public relations, outreach and communications experience.
- Experience with IAP2 public participation principles.
- Strong project management skills and experience managing largescale multi-faceted projects.
Learn more and apply