Does this sound familiar?
- Are your conversations going sideways?
- Are you constantly running into conflict, opposition or uncomfortable situations?
- Are the practices that have served you in the past not working?
- Are you not getting the results or progress you hope for?
Its time to build your leadership skills – to practice courage, compassion and responsibility for impact. When you build your ability to lead others, groups and the world around you, you create the momentum for positive change and the opportunity to move from stuck to possible. Learn new ways of being and showing up in tough situations, and also find some new tangible, practical tools to improve your work in the world.
PLEASE NOTE: International IAP2 members require a code to register. Please contact email@example.com to obtain it.
— Cancellation and Substitution policy —
During this one-day workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Courageously show up as a brave, compassionate leader in life, your organization and community;
- Cultivate and enhance a mindset of service and commitment to brave, honest conversations and integrity of practice;
- Create a space for brave, honest conversations that encourage positive participation;
- Enroll others in your and create opportunities for alignment and common ground;
- Understand your impact on others, a group and the space, and to take responsibility for that impact;
- Work tangibly with the chaos and emotions in a room or group; and
- Recover when you get thrown off course and re-engage effectively.
|Welcome & Check-in
- Hopes and Expectations
- Agenda Review
|What is a leader? Finding the leader in YOU
- Defining what it means to be a leader.
- Reviewing common leadership styles
- Why courageous leadership? What is brave?
- How do you want to show up in your life, organization or the world?
- Finding your own style of authentic leadership
- What are you in service to? What are you committed to as a leader?
|Mind the Gap
- What do we normally do? What space do we want to create instead?
- How do we bridge the gap?
- What do you need to DO and how do you need to BE to create a space that bridges the divide?
|Digging into high emotion, conflict and controversy
- When the going gets tough...it looks like this
- What can go wrong?
- Why do things go wrong?
|Courageously Leading brave, honest conversations
- Digging into discomfort – yours, and participants
- Tools and approaches to change the space
- Standing in the fire
- Recovering to courageous leadership
|Closing & Evaluation
- Closing Exercise
Trainer: Stephani Roy McCallum
Stephani Roy McCallum is the Chief Storm Rider at the Courageous Leadership Project and also the Founder and a team member at Dialogue Partners Inc. Steph is a Leadership Coach, Certified Professional Facilitator and a seasoned leader specializing in conflict, high emotion and controversy. She has facilitated conversations on 5 continents, engaging people in dialogue on controversial projects, working with individuals, organizations and communities to transform conflict and create momentum for positive change. Stephani believes that brave, honest conversations create radical new futures – for all of us.
#Schedule at a Glance