Does this sound familiar?
- Are your conversations fraught with discomfort, tension and concern?
- Are you unsure what to say or intimidated in difficult conversations?
- Are fear, hesitancy and worry about getting it right constant companions in your work?
- Are you feeling burnt out, stressed and stretched to the limit in your interactions with others in conflict situations?
- Are you in need of support, comfort and an ability to know when to walk away, disengage and recover yourself?
- Are the practices that have served you in the past not working?
- Are you worried about having really tough conversations with your team, community or group?
There is a different way. Brave, Honest Conversations™ are a way of talking together, working together and living. When we show up with courage, compassion and integrity the possibilities are endless. The world needs more leaders who dare to make a lasting difference.
PLEASE NOTE: International IAP2 members require a code to register. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain it.
— Cancellation and Substitution policy —
It’s time to build your leadership skills – to practice courage, compassion and responsibility for impact. When you build your capacity to lead others, groups and the world around you, you create the momentum for positive change and the opportunity to move from stuck to possible. Foundational to leading others is the ability to lead yourself, to practice courage, compassion and kindness for yourself, and to make choices that allow you to bring your best self to your work.
What will you learn? You will learn how to:
- Courageously show up as a leader who invites tough conversations;
- Cultivate and enhance a mindset of service and commitment to brave, honest conversations;
- Create a space for brave, honest conversations that encourage constructive participation and address conflict boldly;
- Learn tips, tools and approaches to deal with high stakes, high emotion situations;
- Build comfort, confidence and skill to work with the chaos and emotions in a room or group; and
- Practice and experience effective approaches for recovery, stress reduction and setting boundaries amid conflict and controversy.
Trainer(s): Stephani Roy McCallum
Stephani is Chief Storm Rider at the Courageous Leadership Project where she steps into the storm of high emotion and conflict, and rides it to clearer skies. She is an internationally-recognized trailblazer who has worked on five continents facilitating tough conversations on high stakes, high emotion issues. As a trained co-active leadership coach, she brings 25 years of public engagement experience in bringing people together to build new perspectives and collaboratively create brave solutions, growing their own leadership and capacity. Steph has been the recipient of multiple awards for her work, including and IAP2 International Award for Project of the Year. Stephani sees a world where a new kind of leader is needed, willing to have brave, honest conversations about the things that matter most. When leaders show up with fierce courage, open-hearts and a deep commitment to integrity groups can move from stuck to possible. Stephani believes that brave, honest conversations are how we solve the challenges in our world, together.
#Schedule at a Glance